The Deker Bauer Foundation for Suicide Prevention is a nonprofit charity organization with a corporate office in Sarnia, Ontario. Our goal is to create a safe space; a place where members of our community can feel comfortable about talking to someone who is there to help.
The foundation has been gifted a home-like environment that will enable us to provide FREE advisory and referral services to those in need.
The services offered at our centre :
- FREE advising for anyone who needs to talk
- Crisis assessments by supportive trained staff
- Helping clients create a safety plan
- Supporting those who have safety plans in place with other agencies
- Follow up with client
- Supporting the clients between appointments
- Advocating on behalf of our clients and helping them with resources within community
With our doors open during the weekends when no other agencies within the community are open, allows us to fill the gap and provide services that are not otherwise available to these individuals.
Fundraising efforts are ongoing to help bring this to fruition. If you would like to help us get there by making a monetary donation, please click on the green “Donate” button to the right.
Our Mission is to strive to understand and help prevent suicide through research, education, and advocacy.
Our Vision is to be the recognized leader in our community providing access to immediate services and resources in our goal to help prevent suicide.